Class Level Definitions
Although most faculty presenters will be able to provide modifications, only you know best what works for your body / mind. YOGA, the Conference and Show encourages participants to select classes that include a variety of activity and reflection/meditation. We hope you find the following guidelines helpful.
- All Levels: These classes are for participants of all abilities, levels, disciplines and interests.
- Meditation / Breath / Contemplation: Some or part of this class will be meditative, breath work or contemplation
- Teacher Training: Teachers, Teachers in training and participants with an interest in the course material are all welcome to attend, usually some lecture.
- Therapeutic: Continuing Education material for Teachers and Practitioners to progress toward improving the health and well being of the practitioner, through the application of philosophy and practice of yoga techniques.
- Advanced Beginner: For this level and beyond, should be comfortable with sun salutations and basic/essential poses.
- Intermediate: Suited for participants who have developed an understanding of the fundamental principles of yoga practice; balance, steadiness and endurance and are interested in refining their practice.
- Advanced: For participants who have committed to a constant practice and have developed a conscious working relationship with their body/mind.